MacBook Late 08 TrackPad Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Version 10.5.6 2 GHz INtel Core Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
I just bought a macbook a few days ago. I migrated all my stuff from my g4 laptop using Migration Assistant. I did it all right, but then when I logged in and started to check out my new features, the 2 finger touch wasn't working. I tried creating a new user and it worked perfectly. I am wondering if this is because I migrated from a g4 with no 2touch capability. Does anyone know of a way that I can toggle the 2finger touch on and off to see if that works, or any other possible way?

Any Help Appreciated,

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
It sounds like it has just imported your older settings. You can toggle them on and off in system setting>trackpad. You can active and de-active the setting there.

OP
Spiddle
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well there is no option to turn it on and off in the track pad section. Is this normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.4 Aluminum, iBook G4, PowerBook G4, iMac G5
In your System Preferences > Trackpad, there should be 4 "sections" (one each for gestures of 1 thru 4 fingers). Do you have this?

If you did, you would see the options available for "Two Fingers" gestures. If not, then I'm not sure what the problem may be - maybe you can tell us which specific model you purchased?

OP
Spiddle
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I purchased the newest model. What you described is what I see. And the trackpad works cause I made an entirely new user on the same laptop and the scrolling worked fine. I was just wondering that since I migrated from an older g4 where this scrolling was not compatible if there is a saved preference somewhere that I need to delete or change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB 2.4 Aluminum, iBook G4, PowerBook G4, iMac G5
Hmmm. That's a pretty interesting (potential) bug, then. I what Apple would say about it. Have you thought about bouncing this to Apple for investigation?

Glad your trackpad works like it is supposed to - hope creation of the new user won't cause too much of an inconvenience for you.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Yeah e-mail apple about it and tell them what has happen. Hopefully they can fix it so other people don't have to deal with it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.