re establishing iTunes playlist from iPod

Reaction score
On several occasions when I have had a problem with iTunes on my iMac, my playlists have been eliminated. All the music is still in iTunes but the playlist selections have disappeared. This is very frustrating as some of them had more than 100 tunes. Manually rebuilding them from a 100GB library takes a long time, and I can't always remember all the tunes I had selected.

My music is backed up to a 160GB iPod, including my favourite playlists. Is it possible to re establish my "playlists" on my iMac from my iPod? I have tried using Senuti but it won't work because the tunes in the Playlists are already in iTunes. It seems to only work if you have actually lost tunes from the Music Library. Any ideas?
WillB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yamipod can import and export playlists

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks for that information. Will Yamipod reset a playlist even though the tunes are already in iTunes?
WillB

OP
W
Reaction score
Anyone else with some ideas?
How can I re-establish my playlists? It's not the tunes but the index of tunes (the "list") that I want to re-establish.
Someone must have a clue...?
WillB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.