.Mac/Mobile me account should have expired...

Reaction score
Not really sure where to put this, so will try here.

I have a .mac account which I've been using since Nov 2006. It was a 60 day free trial, then as I used it for work it was paid for in Dec 2006 and then Dec 2007 by my boss. In the last renewal email I received in 2007, it said it would expire on Dec 18th 2008.

As I am no longer at the job I didn't want to renew it , however I did change the actual email address to a mobile me account (as I use Mail to read my emails, so I added my mobile me account as a new one).

I also use it for iChat, but when I logged onto ichat with mobile me it didn't have my buddies, so I still use my .mac address for that.

Now I was expecting as of Dec 18th my email address and iChat a/c to no longer work, but both are still functioning as normal!! I thought maybe it automatically renewed (if my boss forgot to close my work credit card account), but surely it would send an email to confirm this?

Has anyone else had this?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All existing .mac accounts were extended, for three months I believe, due to the issues Apple had during the change over to MobileMe.

nhc

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my mac. My mobileme was expired yesterday and both my .mac and .me mail accounts are still working. I just can't sync... I wonder if my .mac mail account will cancel eventually?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.