Transfering Photos to memory card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
I received a digital photo frame for X-mas that is not Mac Compatible. I am using a work around that requires loading my iphoto to a photo memory card. The problem is that my photos have duplicate names. It looks like when I have uploaded the photos from my SLR, the photos start at the same number causing the duplication. Is that correct?

So two questions: Is there a way to rename what I already have in memory that would not require a picture by picture effort? How to I upload photos in the future to keep this problem from happening?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can use something like name mangler to bulk rename files. Or you could just try an export to a folder from iphoto, I've a feeling it renames any duplicates.

To stop this happening in the future you can change the options in your camera to use continuous numbering

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.