Hands on

Reaction score
Took a stroll by my local Comp USA today and got a change to get hands on the Mac Mini. They had one all set up and i got to play with it for about 15 minutes. I have to say i was quite pleased with what i saw.

It was the 1.2 mini with 512 of ram plugged into a 17" flat screen. I was expecting it to be a tad on the sluggish side, but it wasn't at all. I loaded 4 or 5 different programs including Safari, Mail, itunes, all of which loaded right up quickley and worked just fine. It used an apple wireless keyboard and mouse and had nice external speakers. Songs played on itunes sounded very good.

All in all a very nice little system @ $449...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When were you there? I was there around 4 helping friends get Wireless Network stuff to earn some more $$$ to get my Mini and did not see one unless somehow I missed it. I looked at all the macs. Either they sold it or I missed it as I know it's small. I almost bought it today but needed to borrow a bit more till my Bday gift arives in the mail and no one had any spare $$$ even for a couple weeks. Should have enough this weekend though. I hope I can find one then.

Seriously though, I did not see a Mini there, just a sign saying place your order. Was it on that wall with the IMacs?

OP
James
Reaction score
dtravis7 said:
When were you there? I was there around 4 helping friends get Wireless Network stuff to earn some more $$$ to get my Mini and did not see one unless somehow I missed it. I looked at all the macs. Either they sold it or I missed it as I know it's small. I almost bought it today but needed to borrow a bit more till my Bday gift arives in the mail and no one had any spare $$$ even for a couple weeks. Should have enough this weekend though. I hope I can find one then.

Seriously though, I did not see a Mini there, just a sign saying place your order. Was it on that wall with the IMacs?

No not against the wall...the aisle where you walk down to the computers the first spot there right next to the 20" iMac was where it was about 12:30...the mini was just to the left of the iMac, with a flat screen monitor.

Sounds like they must have sold it between the time i left and the time you were there...Hopefully they will have another in today... How much $$ you short for the purchase? Maybe I can come up with a few $$

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.