User/Account Confusion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Mac Book Pro 03/2007
Okay so I have a Mac Book Pro running the latest Tiger and for some reason there is another user showing up in the users folder and it is me but by a different name (its my acctaully name not the one I ussually use for digital stuff/account names) and it had none of my settings or preferances for any of my progams and when I start the computer it loads up this user not the one with all my stuff.

How do I fix it?!

Is there some way I can tell it to load up the correct use because when I tried to adjust the account settings there were no options at all. The password is the same and everything, I don't even know how this happened.

Last time I posted here no one helped me so I would really love it if someone could let me know what to do if you have any ideas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
does the account exist in the users preference pane?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You must have renamed your user folder, if you rename a user folder then on restart a fresh User folder is created that is the same as the Short name in the accounts prefernces

Firstly rename your current active user folder back-up

Then rename the other user to the name of your current user folder (before you called it backup) – which should be the short name in the accounts preference pane

restart and you should get your stuff back

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.