Resetting Macbook, Need Help

Reaction score
so i just resetted my macbook last night, went through the whole setup process with entering my info and then it said it was going to do a software update and told me to restart after it was done. i did that and it prompted me with the same message, everytime....

can anyone help me ?! please !!!!!

i need to my laptop back asap !!!

thanks in advance !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
What is the 'Same Message' everytime you are getting? Normally after doing a software update, it will check for updates again, and if there are any, it will update them.

OP
C
Reaction score
it says.... 'you need to restart your computer, hold down the power button for several seconds or push the restart button'

that's it.

it has some writing/codes in the background...

im obviously clueless to macs, so any help as to how fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Sounds like a kernel panic. Try running repair disk in disk utility.

OP
C
Reaction score
i dont have any of the discs it was supposed to come with...i got my macbook from craigslist. it was cheap, i didnt care about the discs, until now i guess....

anything i can do w/o having the discs ?

Reaction score
If you cannot start up try booting up in safe mode. Hold down shift when booting up. Then go to applications>utilities>disk utility.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.