Help with renaming files...PLEASE HELP!!

Reaction score
Here's my problem...

I just bought a pre-owned car which has two slots for SD cards. Instead of constantly taking my ipod in and out of my car (which is what I did with my last car), I decided to load two 8GB SD cards with mp3s. What I did first was create two playlists in iTunes, each about 7.2GB, and dragged them directly to the SD cards on my desktop. I ejected the cards and put them in my car and they played great. However, navigating through them was a problem. Since I have iTunes automatically organize my music folder, it sorts my files as "Music-->Artist-->Album-->Track No. - Track Name. On the SD card, the files look like this:

01 - Track Name A
01 - Track Name B
01 - Track Name C
02 - Track Name D
02 - Track Name E

What I want to do is rearrange the file structure on the SD cards so that it is "Genre-->Artist-->Album-->Artist - Track Name" but I'd settle for just one directory with "Artist - Track Name." All of these files have the necessary information embedded in them, I just don't know how to get it out automatically. I've tried automator, I've asked many people (including Mac Genuises at the Apple Store), but nothing seems to work. I know I could manually rename the thousands of files on the cards, but obviously, I'm looking for an easier way. Please help!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.