Customizing a PB

O

oldschool8604

Hey, I have a g4 powerbook 15" aluminum...
i was wondering what kinda things you can do to customize it...
like the exterior...the around the keyboard...and such

OP
M

meltbanana314

You can do anything. The only limit is your imagination and the amount of Dremel cutting tools you have in your garage. :)

OP
O

oldschool8604

hahah good call, tahts awesome
what about adding fans and neons? ne thing to that effect???

OP
R

RC23

yikes, that sounds like you want a PC...

macs are made like bentleys.. imagine seeing a bentley with some neon lights?

would be a laugh..

actually i can see some blue leds somewhere.. maybe in the fan spot?

i dunno
google it.

OP
O

oldschool8604

haha, thats so true RC...
i just get really bored sometimes...and i wanna do something...and my friend got a pc with blue lights and stuff on it...so im, hey i wonder what i could do with my pb...
but yea, i'll see
and dont worry, it wont be tacky!

sure, itll be awhile before i get some pics up, but i'll post up whatever i do!

OP
T

titan0111

Phiber said:
Hah, I am so getting my PB painted white.
You should paint it carbon fiber color...or black...

that's what new PB G5's color will be...

OP
C

chronogoof89

titan0111 said:
You should paint it carbon fiber color...or black...

that's what new PB G5's color will be...

They will be carbon fiber. I highly doubt you know what you are talking about considering you said "carbon fiber color". Having been active in both the high-performance automobile community and having been a bicycle racer for a few years I can safely tell you, there is no "carbon fiber color". If there is, its dark grey to black. I think you are thinking of the carbon fiber weave, the kind you see on the hoods of some cars? You don't paint that on. Secondly, if you are saying the new PB will be made of that type of carbon fiber weave I'll be very disappointed. You'd be surprised how FRAGILE that is. When people want to build something out of strong carbon fiber they use a different kind of weave, which you probably haven't seen because its usually covered by the "checkerboard" type of CF.

All of that said, I think you are talking out of your *** about the G5 and i hate that.

OP
J

jbsengineer

chronogoof89 said:
They will be carbon fiber. I highly doubt you know what you are talking about considering you said "carbon fiber color". Having been active in both the high-performance automobile community and having been a bicycle racer for a few years I can safely tell you, there is no "carbon fiber color". If there is, its dark grey to black. I think you are thinking of the carbon fiber weave, the kind you see on the hoods of some cars? You don't paint that on. Secondly, if you are saying the new PB will be made of that type of carbon fiber weave I'll be very disappointed. You'd be surprised how FRAGILE that is. When people want to build something out of strong carbon fiber they use a different kind of weave, which you probably haven't seen because its usually covered by the "checkerboard" type of CF.

All of that said, I think you are talking out of your *** about the G5 and i hate that.

i understand carbon fiber. and i understand what he was trying to say....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
chronogoof89 said:

...dude. calm down. The guy wasn't doing anything but talking about a rumor he heard. You can't jump all over someone because they don't work in the automotive paint industry, or would like to believe rumors they hear about the PBs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.