Few possibly minor issue with my Unibody Macbook pro

Reaction score
Ok, so for Christmas, I got the unibody macbook pro. And I have two issues that may be minor, but may also be something more. Firstly, I notice that there is this weird noise coming from the top right corner *near the power cord area*. I assumed this was the fan, but i didn't notice it when I first began using it, and it was only a recent thing that I noticed. The one thing that makes me believe that it isn't the fan, today my room was really cold, and my macbook was freezing to the touch. Yet once I took it off sleep mode, I heard the noise again. It seems weird for the fan to be on when it doesn't need to cool down.

Ok, the other issue is definitely more of an annoyance, but I couldn't find much on it. The new trackpad seems to be sinking. It is no longer flush to the rest of the surface. This is mostly on the bottom of the trackpad. Is this a common issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro 2GB ram; Windows XP on VMware 2.0
I've read that the new Aluminum MacBooks uses the whole touchpad as the click button. Since the new MacBook Pro's have also been changed (like having the same chicklet keys as the MacBook), does your touchpad double as the click button also. If it does, and it's sunk, some mounting hardware for the touchpad may be loose or damaged. This may be something to look into seeing that you may also have a loose fan that is creating the noise.

BTW. Laptop fans always run at a low speed to prevent heat build-up, and then speed up if the temperature rises because you are playing intensive games or you're writing a DVD.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah, the whole trackpad works as the click button. It's a very subtle difference, but it definitely sunk a bit.

And as far as the fan, would it be making an audible noise even on the low speed?

Reaction score
Yeah, the whole trackpad works as the click button. It's a very subtle difference, but it definitely sunk a bit.

And as far as the fan, would it be making an audible noise even on the low speed?

i can't hear my fan at all on low speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.7 GHz Mac Pro, 30" HD cinema display, 12 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 RAM
Why worry about it. Bring it into a Mac store and have them look at it. It will put your mind to rest.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah, I might as well. My only fear is that I will get there, and the fan will just conveniently stop making noises. haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.