Is the Mini a "Girly" computer?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Title speaks for itself. When I took it to the pub tonight (sorry, last night as it's early morning now!) it seemed to attract far more attention from the Girls than the Guys. i.e the Guys were mainly worried about it not having enough USB ports (or that they might lose it!) whereas the female angle seemed to revolve around whether it would fit in a handbag (luckily I caught them trying the fit and reclaimed my baby ;)).

It certainly has Girly characteristics, i.e curves and a smooth skin, so what do you reckon is Steve just trying to woo the women or what?

Amen-Moses

G

gdestiny

doesn't look too girly to me. it's really a nice, compact modern looking design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Is that a Mac Mini in your pocket or are you happy to see me?

M

meltbanana314

Some people at my school think that all Macs "look gay." I can understand that comment back when the first bondi blue iMac was introduced (in the world of big, honking beige box PCs) - but now that Alienware, the 'holy grail of PC manufacturers' has Apple-inspired coloured cases with curved edges - I can't see that comment coming from anybody reasonably intelligent now.

I think the Mac mini is actually the second best case design from Apple to date, the first going to the PowerMac G5. The Mac mini very sleek and compact, and can be put on a desk at a corporate office or in a girl's room, and it wouldn't look out of place either way (though more Lisa Frank stickers might find their way onto the case in the latter location.) :)

T

Thud

Amen-Moses said:
Title speaks for itself. When I took it to the pub tonight (sorry, last night as it's early morning now!) it seemed to attract far more attention from the Girls than the Guys. i.e the Guys were mainly worried about it not having enough USB ports (or that they might lose it!) whereas the female angle seemed to revolve around whether it would fit in a handbag (luckily I caught them trying the fit and reclaimed my baby ;)).

It certainly has Girly characteristics, i.e curves and a smooth skin, so what do you reckon is Steve just trying to woo the women or what?

Amen-Moses

So it's like walking through a park with a cute baby or puppy. You'll get lots of attention from chicks. I don't see a problem with that.

C

code777

i don't think so, but a lot of windoze people will never understand Apple design for computers. Its too innovative for them. They always think "tower" when it comes to desktop. A guy at the office makes fun of the iMac G4/5 all the time. Saying the G4 was the worst looking computer ever created and the G5 being a sissy computer. joking probably but... no the Mac mini is not "girly", its INNOVATIVE!

Reaction score
Arr All those Mac products, Girl magnets every one of them. Its great to think different !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I'm most confused as to why you took your mini to a pub... ;) but getting past that, who cares what the guys think? I'm with Thud, the mini is just like taking a cute dog with you to the park, a tool to get the girl's attention. The guys who didn't like it were likely just less secure in their manhood than yourself, and only feel complete with big guns, big cars, and large falic computers. :)

-Chris

OP
A
Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
bassplayrr said:
I'm most confused as to why you took your mini to a pub... ;)

Well it was in the car and someone asked so ...

Actually today I helped one of the people who was in the pub order his Mini from the Apple Store online. Of course he was buying it for his wife you understand. :cool:

Amen-Moses

P

phatsew

If the guys are concerned about losing it, and the girls are concerned if it will fit in a handbag.... it seems these people would be better suited from a laptop. I don't see how you lose something that sits on your desks and never moves? :miner:

J

JeremyM

I hate people who say the iMac G4 looks stupid. I think they should be shot. Not only because I own one, but because they don't. They simply do not. I think that these are the nicest looking consumer based Macs to date. I like the iMac G5, and it will grow on me, but I like the G4 better. It's just something about that small base with the screen attached. It's just sexy. It's so **** futuristic. Don't get me wrong, I don't think any Mac look(s/ed) bad. Even the beige ones, they blew the ugly PC towers out of the water back in their day. Then, PC's were winning kind of when they discovered the color black. Apple took over though. They introduced the iBook and then the iMac. From there, Apple was king; as far as design goes. I think Apple products look so sweet. I don't know how anyone wouldn't want one. Unless you're some dorky IT guy at a company that only uses PC's. Of course, you can see their prospective. They've been around beige their whole career. I guess it's just how I was raised. My dad had the 6100 back in the day and then he had everything in between that and a B&W. When the B&W's came out, i was amazed.

Everyone who thinks Mac products are ugly, you can kiss my ugly ***.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.