Clearing Boot Camp Partition + Fresh Install Help

Reaction score
Hey guys.

My macbook pro has a partition with Windows XP. I only use the partition to play the Sims 2, but since the new one is coming out on February 20th, I want to clear everything and reinstall the operating system because I have a lot of junk.

In fact, I tried parrallels once and didn't like it so I uninstalled it and now everytime I boot up boot camp and select the Windows hard drive, it comes up with "which OS to boot?"

"Windows XP (Parrallels configuration)
Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Professional (Tuneup backup)"

The last one was added when I installed Tuneup, but I uninstalled it and its still there.

Now whenever I try to go into the "Windows XP Professional" OS it just reboots my computer automatically. So I just want to clear everything on that side and reinstall XP so I can play the sims 3.

I would have my friend help me (hes the one who set up windows xp for me), but I moved away and I haven't talked to him in ages.

So I have no clue what to do now. Any help in the right direction would really be appreciated.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Open Boot Camp Assistant in Applications => Utilities. Have it restore your computer to a single partition. Then, create a new one using Boot Camp Assistant and follow the instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.