8 hour battery life..........new 17" MBP

Reaction score
Now that is impressive, pity is not removable, I wish they would put that system into the 15" model along with the 256gb SSD. SSD on the pricey side though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
What kind of workload were you putting on the battery? Internet only? DVD player? Did it sleep at all suring the 8 hours? Sounds like a stretch...

OP
L
Reaction score
8hours

Not my claim...........its apple's claim on new 17" MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 13 (128 GB) iPad Air 3 (256 GB) Refurbed 21.5”iMac 3.6GHz Intel Core i3 w/Retina 4K (1 TB)
I'm lucky if I can now get an hour out of my battery. I know I need to buy a new one but, darn, they're so expensive.

I agree though. Wish they'd put it on the 15".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
i doubt it is truly 8 hours. that is probably a test that is not pushing the computer very hard at all...just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
i doubt it is truly 8 hours. that is probably a test that is not pushing the computer very hard at all...just my 2 cents.

Apple claims 8 hours on the NVIDIA 9400M integrated chip, under the following conditions: "The wireless productivity test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing various websites and editing text in a word processing document with display brightness set to 50%."

From personal experience, Apple's claims tend to be bang on. Granted, I'm currently on my first and only Mac that that I've had for six months, but Apple claims those conditions for my white MacBook to be 4.5hours, and that is exactly what I got. So it may not push the computer very hard, but it is still a fair, realistic "push". 8hrs is still impressive, hard-pushing or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
What happens when the batteries no good? How does one replace it?

Either take it to an Apple store or just take apart the case. There should be instructions online making it relatively simple to do so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
I would have thought a 17" laptop with price tag like that, the battery should last forever

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I would have thought a 17" laptop with price tag like that, the battery should last forever

With the way technology is moving, there is no such thing are forever.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
With the way technology is moving, there is no such thing are forever.

Very true and also no battery will last forever, at least not with any present technology anyway! :D

Some dood on Ebay was selling a Dell Notebook with no power adapter so stated "Battery Lasts Forever and NEVER needs to be charged!"

A person I know fell for it. I lost it! My jaw still hurts from hitting the floor being so shocked at a friend of mine believing something that crazy! :D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Very true and also no battery will last forever, at least not with any present technology anyway! :D

Some dood on Ebay was selling a Dell Notebook with no power adapter so stated "Battery Lasts Forever and NEVER needs to be charged!"

A person I know fell for it. I lost it! My jaw still hurts from hitting the floor being so shocked at a friend of mine believing something that crazy! :D

That is seriously beyond false advertisement. I seriously hope he got his money back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.