Problem with New Hard Drive Computer

Reaction score
So, I got my 500gb and had it installed into my Macbook by my cousin- and it is AMAZING! I love having so much space!

I imported a bunch of CD's onto iTunes, now that my computer can hold them all... However, whenever I plug my iPod Touch into my computer- NOTHING happens. I have gotten one or two iTunes pop-ups saying it won't sync due to an unkown error.

I tried my sisters 5th gen iPod and it worked fine with my computer. And I plugged my Touch into my wall charger and it was receiving charge.

I looked around on the internet some and tried reinstalling iTunes- but no luck.

... My iPod IS jailbroken- I didn't know if that may be a part of my problem. I wanted to "unjailbreak" it- but the only way I could find out how to do that was with iTunes. Since myiTunes does not acknowledge my Touch, I can't do it that way.

Is there any way to unjailbreak an iPod without using iTunes? Or does anyone have any other ideas why my iPod won't sync/be recognized?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.