• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Music lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
White MacBook iMac G3 Dell inspiron laptop Dell inspiron
The Music Thread

Hi dudes,
Come here talk about composing music, playing music etc...
If you know alot about music you will be awarded with M - points (stands for music points)

The pic below is what you get.
You will be awarded these.
25hhb9g.jpg

(when you get awarded one of these click compy image address in the image above)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.5.5,24",Pioneer DVD -RW External Burner
Hmmmm , first to reply... ( No Pressure ) .. Play drums . Working on my solo , My own view on drum solos are 30 seconds / piece .... 12 piece kit = 6 minute solo . I'm up to 4 mins 30 seconds.... Lots of double kick .

To me , the GODS of drummers are :
Gavin Harrison.
John Henry Bohnam.
Neal Peart.
Buddy Rich.
Tommy Aldridge.
Bill Ward.
Phil Collins.

Running your kit through a phaser pedal for part of your solo kicks.
Don't really know what else to say ,,, Used to play in a metal band , did lots of Sabbath , Zep , Iron Maiden ....

Nothing comes close to the feeling of playing and getting it down right for the first time.

I have my kit run through a 6 channel mixer , and a digital recorder so I can play along with my Ipod , mix the track , and record myself and band at the same time to memory stick.Then transfer to Mac , put "my" track on my Ipod and "JUDGE" myself to get better.

Every time I record a song I am working on,, my recorder assigns each track a number , I worked on Genesis' Turn it on Again for a weekend adding my own choke cymbal and off beats until I had it played perfectly the way I wanted it to sound.
My recorder stated it took me 137 times.
But the end result ... was VERY REWARDING.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've been playing bass for 12 years, guitar for 5, played trombone throughout highschool. I've played in regional and national competitions with the jazz band and have taken gold/silver medals.

I've played in many different bands as a teenager, playing in different cities and venues.

Orange amplifiers rock! I built my own pedalboard. I still have my first bass and will never get rid of it. Also, Danelectro gear rules. I've modded my own Telecaster to meet the specs of the Fender Esquire.

I almost have my Level 1 Theory certification. I can read music. I write my own music (currently doing a solo demo CD). I record my own music using different pieces of software on different platforms. I can stay in time, and jump back in if I make a mistake. I have an amazing sense of rhythm as well.

Now I just sound egotistical.. However, I could go on for days ;)

In elementary school, I played the recorder, and one of these: if you can name what it is (without cheating) you'll get an M-point

e935.jpg

OP
MacintoshMaster
Reaction score
White MacBook iMac G3 Dell inspiron laptop Dell inspiron
I've been playing bass for 12 years, guitar for 5, played trombone throughout highschool. I've played in regional and national competitions with the jazz band and have taken gold/silver medals.

I've played in many different bands as a teenager, playing in different cities and venues.

Orange amplifiers rock! I built my own pedalboard. I still have my first bass and will never get rid of it. Also, Danelectro gear rules. I've modded my own Telecaster to meet the specs of the Fender Esquire.

I almost have my Level 1 Theory certification. I can read music. I write my own music (currently doing a solo demo CD). I record my own music using different pieces of software on different platforms. I can stay in time, and jump back in if I make a mistake. I have an amazing sense of rhythm as well.

Now I just sound egotistical.. However, I could go on for days ;)

In elementary school, I played the recorder, and one of these: if you can name what it is (without cheating) you'll get an M-point

e935.jpg

A Melodica

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I've played guitar for the past 22 years and I have used a ton of gear throughout that period, but it's been pretty much the same for a while now.

I play an original first-generation Ibanez RG470 as my main guitar, and an Ibanez GAX75 for dropped-D stuff.

For Studio/Live stuff I run them through my rack, which consists of the following (mostly ancient equipment by today's standards):
  • Samsom VR-1 Wireless system
  • Rocktron mAXE preamp
  • Digitech GSP 21 Legend effects signal processor
  • Yorkville YEQ-31M graphic equalizer
  • BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
  • Rocktron HUSH II noise reduction unit
  • Peavey PV-260 Power Amp

all through a Crate 4x12 cabinet.

At home, I use an Aria practice amp with a Digitech RP-1 pedalboard, a ZOOM 505 effects unit and an Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer.

I also took piano lessons when I was a kid and still play some keyboard stuff with an M-Audio Keystation 49e through Logic Pro and/or GarageBand.
Studied music theory and composition all through High School and I've been in all sorts of bands, ranging from punk, to classic rock, to rockabilly and all sorts of flavors of metal.

I'm in an Industrial Metal band now, and do all of the guitar work as well as some sequencing, mixing and overall songwriting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I play the drums.

Kit: Mapex Pro M 5 Piece Fusion
Heads: Remo Emperor Clears on the toms, Remo Coated Ambassadors for the Snare.
Cymbals: Zildjian K Dark series 18" Crash and 20" Ride
Zildjian A Custom 20" Ride
Zildjian K Custom 18" Thin Crash
Zildjian K 14" Mastersound Hi-Hats
(All of these cymbals, except for the K Custom, I bought used from a buddy).

I used to be in a band, with similar styles to The Roots. Mostly hip-hop, fusion, modern jazz and funk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.