Network search problems

Reaction score
We have 3 macs linked to another mac which we use as a server using sharepoints, we can access the servers fine and read and write to them but we can't search them to find files from our individual macs, it used to work fine but not recently! any ideas?

Reaction score
Hello,
I have the same problem as Mattster with an X Server & client Macs with Tiger & Leopard installed. Those with Tiger can search the shares on the server fine, those with Leopard perform much worse or find nothing, though like Mattster's they can access the shares, open, save files etc.
I tried installing X Folders as a test but this was no more effective.

This seems quite a major problem but there doesn't seem much on the web about it. Is there an obvious fix I'm missing? Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2Gig G5, 2GB ram, 10.5.6
Greetings,
I have the same issue on my network currently Server 10.3, clients running 10.4 have no problems, my G5 testbed running 10.5 was fine up until about a month ago and then search quit working. Have not had time to totally debug yet but I do have a few work arounds... a) use Easy Find (freeware) b) you seem to still be able to search folders just not the whole drive. If anyone finds a fix for this please let me know too!

Thanks!
Christopher

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.