Slight Unibody defect spotted. Should I worry?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
Ok, i have had my MBP for 2 weeks and its been working fine. I was sat in the living room with the lights dimmed when I noticed approx 1 1/2cm along the bottom edge of the Unibody case around the trackpad is ever so slightly raised. Its nothing major and you cant even feel it to the touch. It's only noticeable due to a slight difference in colour/shadow in certain light.

Should I be concerned?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.53 Ghz, 4 Gb Ram, 500 Gb HDD
If its something that is bugging you, take it to the apple store, they will gladly readjust it for you. I had some what of the same problem with my macbook, and they replaced it and now its like new. If your like me, and lose sleep over this like i would, take it back. Because you never know, in a few years, this little problem might not be so little anymore if you know what I mean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
Wow......do things this insignificant really cause people to lose sleep?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow......do things this insignificant really cause people to lose sleep?

Yes, especially when it verges on mild OCD :eek:

In all seriousness, ok it is over the top. But I have been bought this as a present from my lovely wife. And I consider myself pretty lucky to be a MBP. So want it to be as perfect as possible.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If its something that is bugging you, take it to the apple store, they will gladly readjust it for you. I had some what of the same problem with my macbook, and they replaced it and now its like new. If your like me, and lose sleep over this like i would, take it back. Because you never know, in a few years, this little problem might not be so little anymore if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean, although its not really a mechanical issue. Its more aesthetic. The metal edge of the Unibody chassis around the track pad may have been machined a little off kilt in the manufacturing process and thus, the imperfection has been rubbed down leaving a slight difference in texture on the surrounding trackpad edge on the chassis. Its so small my wife couldn't even notice it till i pointed it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.