unlocked iPhone call screen frozen

Reaction score
I've had an unlocked 8gb 2g iphone for about 4 months now, and I love the phone, best I've ever had. I have cydia installed, along with installer. I've used them both a good amount of times. Earlier today I downloaded Kate from installer, which I just found out is not the best app to install? anyways now my phone screen is frozen(more specifically call screen), I can't use my keypad, nor dial voicemail, etc. I can only call directly from my contacts. I tried removing installed apps from Installer, also tried rebooting the phone multiple times. I'm no technilogical genius, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Sounds like its time for a restore unfortunately

OP
T
Reaction score
what exactly does that mean, what am I going to lose from a restore, and how do I do it? Like I said I don't know too much about the phones, I just know how to use them lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
T
Reaction score
thanks man, would it have to be rejailbroken. For example would I have to install cydia and Installer again ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks man, would it have to be rejailbroken. For example would I have to install cydia and Installer again ?

Yes you sure would, Unless you use pwnagetool to restore the iphone then let itunes restore your data over the jailbroken iphone. Rather then using quickpwn after restoring it with iTunes.

OP
T
Reaction score
****, this ****ing sucks. Well thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Reaction score
i have just had this, i removed 'kate' and all is fine again. i think there must be a problem with the 'kate' software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This sort of thing is exactly why I went back to the Apple firmware after having my iPhone Jailbroken for a few weeks. There is some cool stuff out there but the generally shoddy nature of the software, what seemed, to me at least, to be the unreliability of Cydia to manage the software well coupled with the frequent Springboard crashes was enough. Sure I miss some things from the Jailbroken world, but knowing my phone is always going to work when I want it to is worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.