keyboard and mouse not working

Reaction score
Friend has a 20″ imac 2007 usb ports don’t seem to be working can’t use keyboard or mouse, anyone any idea how to get into the system to use a hardware test disc or install disc

Power seems to be going to the mouse as the red light emits from the bottom.

Reaction score
To do a hardware test put in you install discs, restart and hold down d.
But I would just plug in something else with a usb to see if the ports are working, that would probably be faster.

OP
G
Reaction score
To do a hardware test put in you install discs, restart and hold down d.
But I would just plug in something else with a usb to see if the ports are working, that would probably be faster.

How do I hold down d, when the keyboard does not work, I did put a instal disc in, but now its stuck there, plugged a ipod in, it didn't work

Im thinking its the logic board

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
How about a bluetooth keyboard? Never had one (mine is USB RF), not sure if you need to pair it to the machine before it will work or not.

Also, the USB port on an Airport Extreme/Time Capsule might be a long shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Is the mouse a) plugged through the keyboard or b) directly to a USB port? If a), and other than JG's suggestions, have you tried a different keyboard, even a generic PC one?

OP
G
Reaction score
Yeah tried other keyboards dont work, the apple keyboard and mouse work fine on other computers, its the computer thats the problem, wirelessmouse wouldhave to be paired first, the airport extreme might be an idea

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.