Application screen in VM Screen not expandable

Reaction score
Using VirtualBox to run Win Quickbooks with XP home sp2 as guest OS. I can expand VM window (pulling corner) but the application (windows nor QB) will not expand. I cannot view the whole form in QB. Any way to have both the VM screen and the application Full Screen?

Next issue is an HP Plotter not able to print PDF's 8.5x11 only, but that will be for another thread....:|

And getting my VM to use my wireless to see my wireless printer.

and trying to right click in the VM's windows with a mighty mouse.

If I was being honest with myself, I might have to fire myself for going down the Mac road.

That being said; I want to thank everyone who was kind enough to answer, and give great advise for all my questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
have you installed vmware tools?

Oooopss sorry, thats what I get for trying to multi-task, the 'VM Screen' threw me :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
He's using Virtual Box not Fusion, but the same question would apply.

To scpaver: Make sure the Virtual Box guest tools are installed.

I only ran Virtual Box for a short time so am a bit rusty remembering how to get a larger window for individual applications. I seem to remember having to change the view resolution within the virtual machine in order to make the application window larger. Give that a try.

As for wireless and right click, installing the Virtual Box guest tools should fix those problems.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
I use VMware fusion and it gives me the option to go full screen

OP
S
Reaction score
To scpaver: Make sure the Virtual Box guest tools are installed.

I only ran Virtual Box for a short time so am a bit rusty remembering how to get a larger window for individual applications. I seem to remember having to change the view resolution within the virtual machine in order to make the application window larger. Give that a try.

As for wireless and right click, installing the Virtual Box guest tools should fix those problems.

Regards.

I'VE GOT FULL SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you so on and so forth....I searched the manual, VB site, Google etc. for VB Guest tools there was no mention of this. I guess I only had to look at the top of the screen... a little slow.

I will reinstall the printer later to see if it will work wireless

Still would like to figure out to have right click capability w/mighty mouse, though do have an old MS usb mouse for emergencies, but just too "darn" complicated.

and maybe I will get the # pad on the keyboard to work by re-enabling the filter.

who knows... maybe I will not be buying that HP laptop i was looking at today after all, though there are still some issues down the road... So stay tuned.

Thanks again,
Jim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.