Shared Fusion VM

Reaction score
I put my Windows XP VM in the shared folder in my mac in hopes that all users would be able to access it from Fusion. This is not the case, only the user that put the image into the shared folder has access to it. When I try to open the image on another user account, a red X shows up by it and it says it cannot be accessed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
Try right clicking on the Vm and selecting get info. This will bring up the info pane and at the bottom of this there is a section on permissions. Have a look there, if it says only your user can read the file then that could be the answer.

OP
S
Reaction score
Try right clicking on the Vm and selecting get info. This will bring up the info pane and at the bottom of this there is a section on permissions. Have a look there, if it says only your user can read the file then that could be the answer.

There is no more red X, however it still will not open on the other account. It shows up as an icon with a yellow warning triangle with an ! in it and the error "the document 'Windows XP Professional' could not be opened."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.