re install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
before i really "customize" my ibook with all the stuff i like, should i reinstall osx. i hear theres a lot of stuff that you don't need like languages and other small things. and how much space would i regain from that? thanks :mac:

R

Ryanstech

shimanok2 said:
before i really "customize" my ibook with all the stuff i like, should i reinstall osx. i hear theres a lot of stuff that you don't need like languages and other small things. and how much space would i regain from that? thanks :mac:

If it is a new install I would leave it, you don't gain that much space from omitting the language packages. I would guess you would only save 300-400MB of HD space. Guys, if I am wrong on this please call me out on it.

Reaction score
I saved something like 5GB of diskspace reinstalling OS X. It's really a simple process, and if you've never done it before, I would suggest trying.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
what did you remove. how much space does OSX take up on the HD?

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly what option I removed...I belive it was the language packs that cleared up 4GB of space, but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think thats only if youre installing full language support, including all multilanguage fonts and settings and such.

Reaction score
Macman said:
I think thats only if youre installing full language support, including all multilanguage fonts and settings and such.
If that's the case, then by default full language support is selected. I only removed things from the standard configuration...I didn't add any features.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think you did not install all of the printer drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.