• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Don't buy into those FinallyFast.com commercials.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I guess I'm obliged to say, "I know I haven't been here in a while, and it's nice to post again," but now lets get to what I want to talk about.

So I just saw a commercial for this FinallyFast.com thing and it made my inner skeptic spring into action. I did a quick search of the forum and noticed that nobody had posted anything about them, so I figured I'd post. I checked them out and apparently it is a total scam that scans your computer and finds imaginary viruses, malware, and spyware and then prompts you to buy their product to "fix" a problem that never even existed in the first place. According to some of the sites I checked, the scanning program itself IS adware. Now, I know most of us here are Mac users and will never need to worry about our computers slowing down ;), but there are probably some Windows users here that might try something like FinallyFast.com. In the end, if you're fed up with a slow PC, don't buy into these scams, clean your PC the old fashioned way or, you know, get a Mac.

As a side note: Many of the computers in the commercial are Macs with the Apple logo covered and XP superimposed on the screen. I laughed pretty hard when one of the horrendously poor actors in the commercial got the blue screen of death on a Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ahh, but you missed their MacTuneUp, available for only $29.99 ;P

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I figured it was a scam. I saw the commercial one to many times last night and went there, I watched it scan my OSX for DLL's and Virus's. I was sort of depressed due to the flu and it made me laugh out loud.

Do remember one thing though, with Intel Macs, you can boot into Windows and it would look the same as Windows on PC hardware. So that Blue Screen really could have been on that Mac although I think the whole thing is fake like you said.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Ahh, but you missed their MacTuneUp, available for only $29.99 ;P

That's funny especially considering that OnyX is free and does everything that claims to do.

Do remember one thing though, with Intel Macs, you can boot into Windows and it would look the same as Windows on PC hardware. So that Blue Screen really could have been on that Mac although I think the whole thing is fake like you said.

Yeah I know, but I think the commercial was using Macs as generic PCs. Perhaps to avoid dragging any real PC makers' names through the dirt when the class action suit is (hopefully) filed against the website.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed completely.

Oh and CWA, I will keep my $29 thank you! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.