can i use my old windows keyboard?

W

winwingogo

Hi, I am a switcher. I have reserved a Mac mini and I will get it this Saturday. I wonder if I can use my wireless keyboard and mouse. They are supposed for Windows. They are still new, I don't want to spend too much money before I really fall in love with Mac. Pls help.

winwingogo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if theyre bluetooth, they should work, but check the manufacturers site for drivers or system requirements.

Reaction score
winwingogo said:
Hi, I am a switcher. I have reserved a Mac mini and I will get it this Saturday. I wonder if I can use my wireless keyboard and mouse. They are supposed for Windows. They are still new, I don't want to spend too much money before I really fall in love with Mac. Pls help.

winwingogo

Sure you can. Just plug the usb connection into the mini and away you go. You will want to download the mac driver for the windows keyboard though so your ALT key and a couple of others work like the mac does, but there shouldn't be any problem. I am using a Microsoft wireless keyboard and logitec wireless mouse on my G5 and they work great. You might also check into getting a usb hub for your mini too as it only has 2 usb ports, i use a Belkin 7 port hub on mine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.