Macworld 2009...so no iMac?

Reaction score
So is today the last day for Apple to announce new stuff or is there a possibility that they'll announce the iMac or Mac Mini tomorrow? I REALLY want to buy an iMac 24" and I've been waiting for them to release a revamped one for a while now since it's due for an update. Was today's keynote the only one or will there be one tomorrow?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't expect an update to the iMac or Mini until Spring. It appears the only real update announcement that was made regarded the newly designed 17" MacBook Pro.

Regards.

Reaction score
new imac

Yeah, i posted here over a month ago about getting an Imac,and the word was wait. what a bummer yesterday was. So here's what it says at the apple store if you buy an imac right now: "If you buy a qualifying Mac between January 6, 2009, and March 28, 2009, and it does not include iLife '09, you're eligible to receive iLife '09 for just $9.95 plus tax."
So do you think that means after March I iLife '09 will ship on updated imacs? Or is that just an estimate of when they'll be out of current inventory already shipped without it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your guess is as good as mine on that one. :D But I still believe you won't see an updated iMac until sometime in the Spring. If you want iLife09 right now, wait a bit until it appears on Amazon or NewEgg and purchase it from them. Their prices are usually at least 10% less than what Apple charges.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If you need one buy it now. Don't wait.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Yeah, i posted here over a month ago about getting an Imac,and the word was wait. what a bummer yesterday was. So here's what it says at the apple store if you buy an imac right now: "If you buy a qualifying Mac between January 6, 2009, and March 28, 2009, and it does not include iLife '09, you're eligible to receive iLife '09 for just $9.95 plus tax."
So do you think that means after March I iLife '09 will ship on updated imacs? Or is that just an estimate of when they'll be out of current inventory already shipped without it?
I believe, that is how much time they think it will take to get the software on all new systems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.