Pages - Font Question

Reaction score
I'd like to know if there is a way to view the FONTS in Pages "as they actually appear" on the page. I see the list of FONTS but they are all listed in the same FONT and the only way I know how to find out if I like a particular FONT is to try it which leads to many wasted minutes trying to find just the right one. Even my old dinosaur Windows PhotoDraw program from 1995 allows me to view FONTS as they would appear. I know my beloved Mac has to be smarter than that old program! There must be a better way and I hoping someone here knows the answer! Thanks so much : )

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried using the "Font Book" application? It shows a preview of each font and even allows changing font size so you can get an idea of fit.

Keep it open while you use Pages. Perhaps a bit awkward to do it that way, but at least it will give you some idea of font size and look.

Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
Oh wow! Thank you so much, I never knew there was such a thing. That will be much faster than what I was doing. In my old Photo Draw program the name of the Font was written in that font so you could easily see what it looked like at a glance. I wonder if there is a way to make that happen in Pages? If not, this will do and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.