iLife '09

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
After Apple's release of iLife '09 today, I'm very eager to go out and get it. However, I don't have much money right now and just spent a LOT OF MONEY about a month ago getting the newest highest aluminum MacBook ($1600, 1 month ago). I have purchased many things from Apple and it doesn't seem fair that I only bought it a month ago and my software is already out of date from them. I know most people weren't expecting a new version of iLife until later this year. I know HP gives you back the difference if you piece of hardware/software becomes outdated within a year if you buy from them. I don't want my money back, but does Apple have a policy of a less expensive upgrade to iLife '09 since I just purchased my MacBook a month ago? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just call them up and ask. Though I'm fairly certain they'll say no ;P

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
Yeah, I was assuming that. Their website says that they still ship most products with iLife '08 but the '09 upgrade is $10. I find it a little pathetic though that Apple can't even give some better support or rewards to their higher customers. I've spent well over $2200 on Apple products in the last year. They claim to have the best tech support and want to make switching to a Mac very easy, although I think they sort of overrate themselves. Oh well, having a Mac is better than having a PC or nothing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4 ghz dual core 4gb Ram 250gb Hdd
Give them a call, you may get a credit towards iLife 09, for the price of a call it can't help to ask and there has been some other success stories on the forum.

Good Luck.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I contacted Apple today, and they said I'd have to pay the full $80. I don't have the money to do that right now, so I'm going to wait until Snow Leopard is released and get the new OS X/iLife/iWork package they also just released since it's just $170 which is a good deal...save 40%, why not! Maybe iLife and iWork '10 or X will be released later this year or early next year. I've always had old crappy computers before my MacBook which I worked really hard to get, so I'm really excited to be able to actually keep this thing up to date, but I guess that won't be happening quite yet...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Do we know if snow leopard will be part of the big box set?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple hasn't said anything about it yet, but the new box set is a great idea, and they wouldn't just include the previous operating system in the box set when Snow Leopard comes out, right?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since snow leopard has not been released yet, then the current OS will be in the box set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you're only talking about putting off the purchase for a few weeks, you could download the 30 day free trial version from Apple.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iLife '09 hasn't been released yet. My birthday was yesterday and I got enough money to spend on the new iLife. anybody know when it'll be released? Apple said sometime this month, but when this month?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
iLife '09 hasn't been released yet. My birthday was yesterday and I got enough money to spend on the new iLife. anybody know when it'll be released? Apple said sometime this month, but when this month?

It's all hear say on the release date. I've heard towards the end of this month. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1 GB memory 250 GB HDD ATI Radeon HD2400 XT 128 MB GFX card
Since snow leopard has not been released yet, then the current OS will be in the box set.

I was just about to post this question in a new thread! I got my Intel iMac a month before Leopard was released, and was OK with that because I didn't want a somewhat buggy OS on my new computer. Now that Leopard is stable, I want it, (I'm still running 10.4.11) but now Snow Leopard looms on the June '09 horizon! Will I be able to install 10.6 on 10.4.11? And should I wait until 10.6.2 or 10.6.3 for the kinks to be worked out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.