• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iLife '09 and iWork '09!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
I wish Apple would allow us to buy it then download it. With today's speeds, downloading iLife wouldn't take to long. I can download a 7GB file within a few hours.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Well, my new 17" MBP with:

2.93 Ghz
8 GB DDR3
256 GB SSD
Anti-glare screen
DVI adapter &
Apple Remote

comes to only:

$5,297

Oh well, maybe next decade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
iLife '09 Hardware Up-to-Date Program

With the announcement of iLife '09, Apple has started up the iLife '09 Hardware Up-to-Date Program

If you bought a new Mac on or after January 6, 2009, that does not include iLife '09, you can upgrade to iLife '09 for US$9.95 plus tax.

So if you just bought a brand new Mac before January 6... your out of luck it seems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Not necessarily, as some members have experienced, it's possible to receive credit toward purchasing iLife 09 if you recently bought a Mac but don't qualify under the Up-to-Date Program.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
iWork '09 is giving me some wicked kernel panic here.

brb, downgradan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I ordered both, but I might download the trial until I get it in the mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Does anybody who has iWork 09 have a favorite new feature yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
I wish they would offer a credit to those who have just purchased iWork '08. I bought it this past weekend and I'm not too keen ok spending another 80 bucks.

Me and my luck...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

For me it would probably be iWork.com , I haven't used it for any real documents, but I have just made a random keynotes and posted them, (and have had friends comment on them to test it out) it seems as if it has a lot of potential. Another favorite is the full screen mode in pages, just like the clutter free when I typing a paper (which I already have using it) and I didn't get distracted with things on my dok. :p

But I'm really waiting for iLife '09!

Reaction score
Anyone think they'll offer a combo with Snow Leopard ? I don't really care about upgrading my iWork 08 but I would like the increased photo editing capabilities of the new iPhoto & the direct facebook post ability...

Reaction score
ilife and iWork, cool but costs stink

OK my first issue with the new ilife is that on the US site it is $79, whereas in the UK it is £69. I realise there is probably additional shipping costs but that is nearly £20 cheaper in the USA!

My second gripe, like many others is that I have had my macbook for 6 months and iwork 08 for less than 3 and they don't offer a cheaper upgrade option which I think is appaulling considering the money I've spent over the past year! Also I only really want ilife for the new iphoto and iweb features which doesn't really justify a £69 outlay.

And where do they get that £69 price tag from, iwork, ilife and mobile me is all £69, strange, lol

Reaction score
OK my first issue with the new ilife is that on the US site it is $79, whereas in the UK it is £69. I realise there is probably additional shipping costs but that is nearly £20 cheaper in the USA!

My second gripe, like many others is that I have had my macbook for 6 months and iwork 08 for less than 3 and they don't offer a cheaper upgrade option which I think is appaulling considering the money I've spent over the past year! Also I only really want ilife for the new iphoto and iweb features which doesn't really justify a £69 outlay.

And where do they get that £69 price tag from, iwork, ilife and mobile me is all £69, strange, lol

Understand your anger, but its Apple. If your demand was this high, you would be a fool not to take advantage.

Reaction score
Not necessarily, as some members have experienced, it's possible to receive credit toward purchasing iLife 09 if you recently bought a Mac but don't qualify under the Up-to-Date Program.

Wait, so if we bought a new mac before January 5th, we may still get credit towards this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I kind of wish Apple would break out the iLife apps for separate upgrading. I really want iPhoto '09, but don't want to buy everything else. Not every shutterbug also wants to learn guitar and make websites and movies. Something like a $20 single application upgrade would be great.

I kind of like the Faces and Places idea. Actually it was an idea I had a while back for a photo album site. People could click on spots on a map to see photos there and family members could click on their name or pic from a list to see all the pics of that person. Also, I wanted to do a picture timeline. Maybe Apple can integrate these new features into iWeb.

I wish they would offer a credit to those who have just purchased iWork '08. I bought it this past weekend and I'm not too keen ok spending another 80 bucks.

Me and my luck...

Can't you just return it and then get the new version??

I ordered both, but I might download the trial until I get it in the mail.

If I wanted both I would have bought the package deal and then sell the Leopard copy. Unless they're all licensed together or on the same DVDs in the package.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Wait, so if we bought a new mac before January 5th, we may still get credit towards this?

It's happened for some members, so it's possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.