• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iLife '09 and iWork '09!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. 2.0Ghz. 1GB RAM.120GB harddrive.
Yeah i saw some of it, the picture in picture thing looked pretty cool
Im looking for more advanced effect options, like some i see people use with sony vegas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
It's getting close to the end of January - iLife must be getting close to being shipped!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
So, if Apple Stores are releasing iLife tomorrow. Does that mean the Best Buy's that carry Mac will also be selling iLife.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook c2d, 2.0 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB Harddrive, 16GB iPhone 3G
So, if Apple Stores are releasing iLife tomorrow. Does that mean the Best Buy's that carry Mac will also be selling iLife.

Yep they will

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
I hope so. BB is only like 7 miles away. Apple is 20 or so.

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting the 09 iWork; however, only if documents I create in Pages can be saved to be viewed correctly in MS Word.

Is this the case?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, you can "save as" a word doc. Same with numbers. You can "save as" excel doc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone pick iLife up yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WooHoo! I just picked mine up.

Kinda funny. I went into Best Buy, asked if they had it. Lady says yep. Points me to iWork09. I say no iLife09. They are suppose to be out today. She says, "Oh Ya" I remember seeing a box in the back. Let me check.

I get the first one right out of the case.

Now I have something to play with on my 3 hour flight this afternoon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WooHoo! I just picked mine up.

Kinda funny. I went into Best Buy, asked if they had it. Lady says yep. Points me to iWork09. I say no iLife09. They are suppose to be out today. She says, "Oh Ya" I remember seeing a box in the back. Let me check.

I get the first one right out of the case.

Now I have something to play with on my 3 hour flight this afternoon.

You going to learn the guitar?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I was reading that the iPhoto Faces feature recognizes cats. When I get my copy I'm gonna do that with my three cats and see if it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
I have it, the iPhoto faces feature is really cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
So I was playing around with the Faces feature. It's actually quite unnerving. The first thing I did was tag myself and when I went to use the feature that recommended which photos might have me in them, I saw a whole bunch of pictures of my cousin and a good friend from college. The cousin one is amusing since everybody told us that we looked like twins but neither of us saw it. Looks like iPhoto did.

The one that's unnerving is when I started tagging my family. No problem with my dad, but when I got to my mom, it started getting freaky. Practically every ex-girlfriend or girl that I had ever been attracted to showed up. So we can add psychology as one of iPhoto's new features as well ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Using the faces feature doesn't work all that well with my twin daughters.

Reaction score
So I was playing around with the Faces feature. It's actually quite unnerving. The first thing I did was tag myself and when I went to use the feature that recommended which photos might have me in them, I saw a whole bunch of pictures of my cousin and a good friend from college. The cousin one is amusing since everybody told us that we looked like twins but neither of us saw it. Looks like iPhoto did.

The one that's unnerving is when I started tagging my family. No problem with my dad, but when I got to my mom, it started getting freaky. Practically every ex-girlfriend or girl that I had ever been attracted to showed up. So we can add psychology as one of iPhoto's new features as well ;P

hahahahahahaha.
that's great man, it kind of freaked me out a little too over here. when i tagged MY girlfriend my BROTHER'S girlfriend came up in a few too, funny stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Pro & iPhone GS3
Tried iWorks08. Immediate dislike for it and uninstalled it. Now tried iWorks09 - still don't like it despite good reviews and uninstalled immediately. Still using NeoOffice2.X under OSX but prefer to run MS Excel under VMware Fusion. Have read bad reviews on MS Office for Mac. So, still waiting for a Good Excel version to come.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.