Cat ran over keyboard and My screen has turned black and white negative...

R

ritox

Hi,

This is my first post, so apologies for being dumb. I have Mac OS 10.3.7 and my cat ran over my keyboard and now the screen looks like a black and white negative. I don't know how to get rid of it! The login screen is fine and in colour, as is the other accounts, but my main account is stuck like this! Anyone know how to get rid of it???

OP
T

Thud

ritox said:
Hi,

This is my first post, so apologies for being dumb. I have Mac OS 10.3.7 and my cat ran over my keyboard and now the screen looks like a black and white negative. I don't know how to get rid of it! The login screen is fine and in colour, as is the other accounts, but my main account is stuck like this! Anyone know how to get rid of it???

ummmm... see if you can get the cat to run across the keyboard in the opposite direction??

OP
R

ritox

Thud said:
ummmm... see if you can get the cat to run across the keyboard in the opposite direction??

Ha ha I tried that but it did not work! Stupid thing!

OP
R

ritox

sorry, but this is really bugging me now... you can see what is happening on this screenshot

okay i just switched user, so i got colour and the screenshot is not exactly what I am seeing... its like that in black and white, but negative. It is very weird!

OP
J

jbsengineer

ritox said:
sorry, but this is really bugging me now... you can see what is happening on this screenshot

okay i just switched user, so i got colour and the screenshot is not exactly what I am seeing... its like that in black and white, but negative. It is very weird!

have you tried control+option+command+8???

OP
J

jbsengineer

if that's the problem. then that cat my have some good aiming....

Josh

OP
R

ritox

Sweet action! That works! the forum is red... nice

Yes, he does have some good aiming he is a very ...er... special cat.

Cheers, but one question... why such a feature???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It is under Universal Access where you can set your display to black and white or grayscale. This is for people who have bad vision who can't see everything clearly in the color

Reaction score
The screen looks really nice in black and white its abit like the 'blacklight' screen saver that I have but then that also slowly changes colour. Your cat must be a OS X expert and wanted to show you some extra features of the system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
would a black and white screen save on battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
i dont think so

OP
J

jbsengineer

glad to hear it worked. haha... that would be a funny support call to apple.

"ya my cat ran over my keyboard and now my display has no color..."

wondor how much they would charge you for that fix?

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
...They would probably just remind you of the keyboard 'shortcut.' The fact that we memorize these things off the tops of our heads is terrifying. But lmao. I guess your cat figured, 'If I can't see in color, neither will my owners!' Shows that smart kitties are Mac users. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
black and white

hi

its obvious what has happened here the answer is
in black and white and staring you right in the face.

you been a newcastle supporter for so long everything just looks
black and white.

lol - howay the lads

regards

p.s. can we keep bellamy - come on the hoops :biohazard

OP
F

forbin

You probably cat'ed a binary file which is not advisable ... Use 'strings' instead

Reaction score
How funny. My cat Sophie just ran over my laptop this evening and everything white on the screen turned black. I had no idea what had happened or how to fix it, so I Googled "white turned black on my mac" and was amazed that one of the very first search results was this page -- about another cat running across somebody's keyboard causing the exact same problem.

I guess the control-option-command-8 trick must be some sort of common knowledge among cats!

Reaction score
I went to an Apple Store once and turned a bunch of Macs to black and white negative. Apparently the local shopkeepers aren't very smart and they all started to freak out.

Then there was that other time when I typed "VIRUS" in TextEdit and then zoomed all the way into it so that it filled up the whole screen. They freaked out again. Oh, the practical jokes you can do.

Reaction score
can you use tex edit to make a command

send the file to a windows user and it floods IE or shuts down the computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.