computer named "your-4dacd0ea75 " connected to my shared network

Reaction score
how do i block it or kick it, ive done a google search and the same computer name has connected to other macs... anyone got any suggestions? this is what im seeing...

Picture24-1.png

any help is appreciated...

Brandon

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
do you have your wireless router secured with WEP, WPA or ip filtering?

OP
B
Reaction score
yes i do, but if someone is connected to my dlink router, would that mean they were connected to my computer as well? I dont mind people sharing my internet through my router, but I do them being connected to my computer.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well if they can get to your router, they can get to your computer - if they know what they're doing. try changing your security on the router, see if the other computer dissapears.

OP
B
Reaction score
Well, I turned off my router and disabled airport. and the computer is still showing up under my shared drives.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well now it could just be a ghost. can you delete it? if you do, and then reenable your router with different encryption, i would think it shouldn't show up again.

Reaction score
Try disk utility

My son had the same problem. I told him to repair his permissions with disk utility and restart. When he restarted the problem was solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.