How Do I clean my new macbook- aluminum

Reaction score
I was just wondering how do you guys clean your macbook? Any information would help.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I use a LIGHLY damp micro fiber cloth and clean everything but the screen, then use screen cleaner on the screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.0ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD + 1TB External HD
how do you clean the casing??

there are some "dirty/dark" stuffs when you look carefully.. I wiped if off with a sort of a wet towel and it kinda did vanished. So how do you keep the casing clean? just used the cloth? Coz some dark spots (when looked in an angle) are still there T_T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
a tiny amount of windex on a fine weave cloth works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminum MacBook
I believe you can pick up a cleaner kit at the apple store for about thirty dollars. I wonder if it includes wipes for the aluminum? Anyone know?

Reaction score
I was just wondering how do you guys clean your macbook? Any information would help.:D

I just got done cleaning my almost-one-year old MBP and got really good results. I used a little bit of methanol (denatured alcohol) on a paper towel and rubbed the dark/dirty areas. It really does look like new. I tried to avoid the keys but where I got them with methanol there was no harm.

Denatured alcohol can be bought at Home Depot for about $7 per qt. Should last several lifetimes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.