Max ram for 2.1ghz MBP 17inch???

Reaction score
i'm curious as to how much ram can be used on a 17inch 2.1ghz macbook pro core duo??
i've seen some sites that says 2GB...and i've read some sites that says it can handle up to 3GB. i ask because i'm looking on here and Ebay to find a 17inch macbook pro with a 2.1 processor or higher but under $1300..etc. but i would like to have more than 2GB of ram...prefer 4GB but anyway my question is what is the MAX ram can a 2.1ghz 17inch macbook pro handle/use/notice??????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The MBP 2.1 GHz Core Duo can accept a max of 2 Gb. The Core 2 Duo can accept up to 4 Gb. Both models have 2 memory slots.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks

The MBP 2.1 GHz Core Duo can accept a max of 2 Gb. The Core 2 Duo can accept up to 4 Gb. Both models have 2 memory slots.

Regards.

thanks ...rep too......anyone who has a 2.1ghz macbook pro and tried to used 4gb ram and it worked??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.