Preparing for Sale

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
I'll be selling my Macbook to a co-worker in a few weeks. She asked me to keep the applications intact so she wouldn't have to re-install them. If I create a new user in her name and delete myself thereafter, would that preserve the applications and erase my personal data?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
In short, Yes it will. It will infact delete your entire folder from the Users/ folder.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
In short, Yes it will. It will infact delete your entire folder from the Users/ folder.
How about the applications folder? will it leave those there and allow the new user to access the apps?

I guess out of embrassment, I should delete the cache in Safari too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
All your user stuff is stored in your User folder, deleting that will remove ANYTHING you did... Safari Cache, cookies, etc... The App's will stay there.

To get an idea of it, create the new user and log in, to see what it will look like.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
All your user stuff is stored in your User folder, deleting that will remove ANYTHING you did... Safari Cache, cookies, etc... The App's will stay there.

To get an idea of it, create the new user and log in, to see what it will look like.
duhhh!!! (open-handed slapp onto forehead) I have a user account on my Mac that I set-up before I migrated w/ Migration Assitant from 10.4 a few weeks ago...could have just tried it there...

OK Thanks....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.