Where is the "System Info" file located?

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to do a clean install of Lightroom 2.0. But for some reason I still have my old serial # from a previous version. I'd like to remove the current "sys info" file. And have LR ask me for my current serial number.

Thanks.

Reaction score
try looking in ~/Library/Preferences look for LR files and delete them

OP
D
Reaction score
try looking in ~/Library/Preferences look for LR files and delete them

Only found two. Deleted them.

They were (or one of the two were) for the "check update" dialogue box. Asking you if you wanted to check for updates automatically or manually.

There's obviously some "system information" file sitting somewhere on my HD with the serial# (software version number...etc.). I want to edit or remove the current serial # listed.

Reaction score
I found it it's in /Library/Application Support/ the registration file just delete it.

OP
D
Reaction score
I found it it's in /Library/Application Support/ the registration file just delete it.

You've found it? What does it look like? I mean I found the Adobe folder. Dropped that into the "trash". Loaded LR 2.2 and still it doesn't ask for my serial # and when I click on "System Info" I see the old serial #. STILL!!

Thanks for your efforts so far btw...

This is so annoying. Shouldn't be this hard to find some "sys info" file to delete...

Reaction score
Sorry didn't give the full path /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 2.0 Registration

OP
D
Reaction score
Sorry didn't give the full path /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 2.0 Registration

Thanks. But as I said. I deleted the entire Lightroom folder. Still no change. Doesn't ask for a serial #... :p

Maybe I have to reboot?? Shrug. Can't be this hard. :)

Reaction score
Are you looking in the Macintosh HD library or your home library. They are different.

OP
D
Reaction score
Are you looking in the Macintosh HD library or your home library. They are different.

Ahhhhh that's the problem. I've been looking under my "home" directory and not the Mac HD directory. :) It worked!! Thanks pal!! :)

Now...I don't suppose you could help me with my other Photoshop problem. This time with CS4. It installed no problem. But won't run. I get the "...this application won't run on this architecture" error. Don't know why.

I Googled...found something similar...except the other guy had previously installed "CS4 Master Collection" edition and didn't install 4 of the included softwares. So the solution for him was to reinstall that suite and select all the included software. Install them all...etc.

I did NOT have CS4 Master Collection....But, would there be some files I can delete in the HD Adobe directory too (only other Adobe app I have installed is Lightroom 2.2 and Reader)? I do see a CS4 folder. As I did have the "CS4 Extended Trial" installed previously. Then removed it days ago knowing that I would soon get my copy in the mail.

Any one else is free to chime in too of course. :)

Reaction score
Glad to help. I think you going to have to try reinstalling photoshop, hopefully that solves your problem.

OP
D
Reaction score
Glad to help. I think you going to have to try reinstalling photoshop, hopefully that solves your problem.

What do you mean "reinstalling photoshop"? Did you mean after removing all "CS4" labelled folders in the HD/application support/adobe folder? Because if I just go reinstall CS4 now, as is, I'm pretty sure I'll still end up with the same error message. "...cannot run on this architecture".

I'm assuming these leftover CS4 folders from my installing CS4 Extended is what MY version of CS4 is seeing. Conflicting. Possibly.

7:37 PM...just removed any folder with "CS4" on it from the HD/Library/application support/adobe folder. Reinstalled my copy of CS4. No change. Still get the same error message----->

You can't open the application "Adobe Photoshop CS4" because it is not supported on this architecture

There must be some key folders or files that's preventing my install of CS4 from running. What they are I don't yet know. My install is "seeing" something it obviously doesn't like. Or some key file is still set in a way not to allow my version of CS4 to run.

Any one?? Ideas??? :)

Reaction score
Try deleting the app using appdelete or appzapper, they're just demos though. Then reinstalling, that's the only thing I can suggest.

OP
D
Reaction score
Try deleting the app using appdelete or appzapper, they're just demos though. Then reinstalling, that's the only thing I can suggest.

I have AppZapper. Haven't tried "appdeleete" yet. Got nothing to loose. Will download it and see what files it sees. AppZapper only found 2 folders.

Has to be a solution. Worst comes to worst? The dreaded "reformat". Can't let a $600 program go to waste obviously. But hopefully some one here will have an answer.

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.