MacBook Pro external monitor color problems

Reaction score
I have a 17" MacBook Pro with an Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 512MB. I've been trying to connect an external monitor to the laptop (like I used to with my Windows laptop), but the color is just totally wrong.

I've tried a Viewsonic CRT, Dell LCD, and Sony CRT (the only units available to me right now), and in all cases the color on the external has a serious green cast. I've tried using the color correction adjustments in the Nvidia control panel to get rid of the cast, but to no avail. I know that the monitors are working properly, since I can connect them as secondaries on my Windows laptop and the color shift is not present.

I've also tried copying the ICM profiles from my Windows laptop to the MB and applying them within the Nvidia control panel - that also doesn't work, in fact it does absolutely nothing.

Is this something that I can correct in another way, perhaps with another piece of color calibration software outside of the Nvidia control panel?

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.