• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Official "Post Your Favorite Recipes" Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz 15" MacBook Pro
Since i love to cook so much, I figured a specific thread that would help everyone by expanding their recipe collection would fit nicely as my first thread. I searched to see if this had already been done, but didn't find anything.

I'll start:

Carnitas

1 boston butt 5-6 lbs
any pork rub
refried beans
tomatoes
onion
cilantro
flour tortillas
sour cream
guacamole or fresh avocado

1. Chop the butt down into manageable pieces, I like them a little larger, about the size of a stick of butter
2. Rub down the pork pieces, and either roast covered in the oven at low heat for 2-3 hours, or smoke on the grill for a few hours, until they fall apart when pulling with a fork.
3. Make some pico de gallo, by dicing onion and tomato and cilantro. Its good to let this mixture sit a few hours to let the flavors combine.
4. Heat up your beans.
5. Serve with the rest of the ingredients.
6. You can add or remove whatever, its up to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Beans on Toast

2 Slices of bread
1 Can of beans
Butter

1. Toast the bread until golden brown :).
2. Heat beans in the microwave.
3. Slap some butter on the toast and stick on the plate.
4. Pour beans over the top!

You can add cheese too if you like!

Enjoy :D.

Reaction score
A Real Man's Jerkey... oops, wrong thread! ;)

AppleisGreat's Manly Jerky Recipe

INGREDIENTS

MEAT
5Lbs London Broil Steak/Venison Steak

LIQUIDS
1 Cup Soy Sauce (Kikkoman)
¾ Cup Worchester Sauce (Heinz)
2oz Liquid Smoke (Natural Mesquite Flavor)

SPICES
¼ Cup Onion Powder
2tbls Garlic Powder
1tbls Chili Powder
1tbls Sugar
1tbls Brown Sugar
1tbls Black Pepper
1tbls Kosher Salt (Non-Iodized)
1tsp Whole Rosemary Seasoning

HOT STUFF
6whole Fresh Habanera Peppers
5oz Red Hot Sauce

SEASONING
5tbls Dried Cayenne Pepper

RECIPE

1. Prepare meat by cutting into strips ¼” x 1” x 6” (Cut across grain for most tender pieces and stay consistent when cutting for even drying times).
2. Add liquids together and stir.
3. Add spices individually stirring after each one.
4. Cut the stems, leaving the whole pepper in tact, including seeds and then add HOT STUFF (add more or less to liking of taste). Skip this step and continue to step 6 if no spiciness is preferred.
5. Mix ingredients together in a blender until all traces of pepper are gone.
6. Marinate meat strips in Ziploc bags for 24hrs.
7. Place strips of meat onto dehydrator trays being sure they are not touching. (if no dehydrator is present, other drying directions are available online. Results are not the same!)
8. Dehydrate on 155 degrees for 4-10 hours (or until dried to personal preference (refer to individual dehydrator for further instructions)). My rule of thumb is this: Take a piece out and let it cool to room temperature, then attempt to bend it in half. If it bends and doesn't crack, it needs more time, but if it cracks in half, you cooked it too much. If it cracks without breaking, it's just right!
9. About half-way through drying process sprinkle cayenne pepper seasoning (approx. 1tbls per pound) onto meat strips (Skip this step for “Mild” Jerky)
10. Allow jerky to cool to room temperature and refrigerate (or freeze depending on how long it takes to eat small portions) in Ziploc bags.

*edit - this may not be my favorite recipe per se, but definitely my favorite jerky/marinade recipe. The marinade can also be used on any other meat cooked almost any other way (ie: grilled or broiled chicken). Refer to "Man Thread" for pics of done jerky

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz 15" MacBook Pro
well, i meant it not to be a thread for your #1 recipe, but more a nice collection of some good stuff. the bean sandwich doesn't sound so appetizing, but to each his own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
well, i meant it not to be a thread for your #1 recipe, but more a nice collection of some good stuff. the bean sandwich doesn't sound so appetizing, but to each his own.

haha I love baked beans and I love toast so it's perfect for me!

Also very MANLY haha :Shouting:

drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass

lol always a good feeling :p.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
haha I love baked beans and I love toast so it's perfect for me!

Also very MANLY haha :Shouting:

lol always a good feeling :p.

Only if the toast is burnt and there's a boat load of cheese to go with it, and the beans are maple-baked. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.