NooB qeustions.

D

Dookie

Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums because i have decided to switch to Mac :mac: . I do have a few qeustions though, namely 2.
1. I was just wondering if the memory from a powerbook would work on an ibook? I'm thinking of getting a 512 pc2700 apple ram pulled from a powerbook off ebay for the ibook.
2. Since the powerbook was recently updated, will the ibook be getting an update anytime soon?
Thnx ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
You really need to get iBook specific RAM, from what most people say. Supposedly 2700 would still run in an iBook, but it's usually not worth the risk, and Apple RAM is expensive as heck anyway. I got a 1 GB stick for my iBook for 220 - nearly a THIRD of Apple's price. As to your second question, it's doubtful the iBook will get an update soon, as the previous update was in late 2004.

P.S. Welcome to the forums, and those were good questions, not really that noobish at all.

Reaction score
RAM is cross compatable between a PC and a Mac. As long as you buy high quality RAM, you should have no problems installing it in your Mac.

OP
D

Dookie

Thnx for the replies :ninja: . Happy to be here. I'm sure I'll have more qeustions later :biohazard :biohazard .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.