2nd monitor on imac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I did some searches and couldnt bring up anything on this, is there a way to hook up a extra monitor to the imac's? mine will be here tomorrow and was wondering if i could hook up one of my LCD's to it?

thanks
matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
mdavis71 said:
I did some searches and couldnt bring up anything on this, is there a way to hook up a extra monitor to the imac's? mine will be here tomorrow and was wondering if i could hook up one of my LCD's to it?

thanks
matt

Yeah, you'll be able to do that no problem. Right out of the box the iMac has the ability to 'mirror' on to a second monitor. In other words it will show exactly what is on the primary monitor on the secondary monitor, or in my case, my TV. You will need an adaptor to convert the out on the iMac to an S-video or VGA output though. If you want to use the secondary monitor as an extention of your primary monitor, or 'spanning', that will be possible, but not out of the box. You will need a hack for that feature. It's called the 'Screen Spanning Doctor' and can be found at: http://www.rutemoeller.com/mp/ibook/ibook_e.html

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
mdavis71 said:
thanks man

No problemo. I'm just glad I actually had an answer for someone instead of my usual questions.

-Chris <--- fellow iMac n00b ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.