issues with the white macbook?

Reaction score
Debating on getting one of these for the wife if they suddenly get reduced tomorrow.. Her current windows lappy lasted about 7-8 years and I'm worried a white plastic case might not really be as durable.

Whilst it doesn't have to last that amount of time, I'd like to get something that will last for her with an hour or two of use a day tops.

So physically, how are these?

cheers,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 80 GB HD, 1 GB memory
ive had my white one going on 2 years and it is as tough as nails. whilst the cover is lightly scratched, i havent had ne major durability problems. And for the first year i toted it around alot for school. So i have no hesitations in recommending it :D

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
thanks LTfan - good comments. Sounds good.

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
does it have a left and right click button on the laptop like a normal laptop, or does it have single click and command+click for right click operations?

D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Hi DB2k

It has only one mouse button. To "right-click" you can hold two fingers on the trackpad and press the mouse button.

You can also connect one external mouse of course, where you have two buttons.

Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Having both the white Macbook and the black one (wife's) I can give this advice: white ones get dusty/dirty, black ones get greasy.

Durability wise, however they are as mentioned pretty reasonably tough notebooks given the proper care. Mine spent a year commuting to my job and back, complete with external connections being made every day. Just get a decent case.

Went to the Apple store today and checked out the aluminum ones. They feel kind of plastic-y for being aluminum and the buttonless trackpad was kind of weird, but otherwise they're okay, but nothing to make me throw rocks at my current Macbook. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
Hi DB2k

It has only one mouse button. To "right-click" you can hold two fingers on the trackpad and press the mouse button.

You can also connect one external mouse of course, where you have two buttons.

Hope this helps :)

Or you can tap the track pad, with one finger for left click, two for right click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Oh, and One More Thing ;)

The white Macbooks come with Firewire. Aluminum ones don't. I have Firewire ha ha! I suggest a refurb white Macbook. They're available for US$949 from the Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I've had no issues with mine and it's a year old. Also, if you purchase Applecare, it will cover stress cracks in the case (provided its obvious it wasn't dropped/abused) for three years.

Reaction score
Just go ahead and get 1 MacBook, you will soon find yourself fall in love with it

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
Thanks all - not sure why I didn't get any email notifications of these messages but really appreciate all of them. Every. Single. One

thanks again - I'm going to try and convince the wife she wants a white one to go with my alu one I'm going to get. Should be able to use my mates Apple discount too so could be steal of the century ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
My spouse have the Core Duo 1,83GHz MacBook. I believe she have had it for about two years now, and she loves it !. She use it everyday.

I remember when we decided to buy a laptop for her, we thought about buying a cheaper PC laptop but i managed to convince her to shell out a little more monay and get the Mac.

I asked her a while ago if she regret that choice, the answer was NO!. :)

Your wife will be pleased ...

OP
DB2k
Reaction score
Thanks fella :) She just needs a little convincing.. 400 for a Dell or 700 for a mac - its not an easy decision. That said I'm hoping for some 17% off action there which brings it down to a more competitive on price 580 (in my head anyway!)

waz

Reaction score
I have the white one Macbook for 2 years now. It got scratches all over and looks a bit dirty with dirt settling in those scratches. But have been reliable though.

TO SOLVE this, purchase the Macbook shell cover that fits into the back and the lid. You can find it in eBay.

Click on my link at IMAG0068.jpg photo - Mohd Azli Zahari photos at pbase.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.