Help Choosing Macbook

Reaction score
Hi people, I'm new here,

I'm thinking about buying a Macbook as my main computer using an external 22" screen. The thing is that I don't know which to buy, the 2.4 13"Macbook with 4GB Ram, or the first of the Macbook Pro gamma.
I'll use it for graphic design, draw, and all this stuff; photoshop, illustrator, dreamweaver, flash, and some After Effects also to do some animations. Maybe I will try to initiate myself into 3D, usign Maya or Cinema4D but not as a professional thing, maybe trying to do some simple short animation but not sure, I prefer 2D ;)

Which Macbook can I take? I think i prefer Macbook 13" (the aluminium one, of course) cause i think it's enough, it have great graphics (even being integrated) and its more portable than the 15" one.

I dunno, but... i've seen in youtube that most games for example, are running correctly in that 13" machine, i won't use my mac to play (well, maybe sometimes i'll do) but it seems like the graphics are so cool.

What do you think?

Thankyou!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
The more PS stuff you do the more the Pro makes sense. But you are using a separate screen so screen size doesnt much matter. I would go with the MBP just based on the better graphics.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What can you afford? The MBP is a better machine for what you say you'll be using it for but it is larger and more expensive than the MacBook 13" aluminum model. Buying the MBP with a large screen might also save you the expense of buying an external monitor.

Regards.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The 15" MBP is a lot more portable than people think. It is a good mix of mobility and screen real estate, which is pretty important to digital designers.

OP
J
Reaction score
Umm, okss, You all recomend me the same, so it will be the right option, anyway, I had in my mind the idea of buying a macbook no pro, so I have to think about it u_ú.

I saw that all of you are using a Macbook, what do you use it for? And do you really think I'll notice something different in graphics between them, I mean important things.

CrimsonRequiem, I know that MBP is more portable than for example the most PC Laptopts 15" but anyway MB is more portable than pro.

Well xD, I think I have to think about the MBP xD

Thank u all mates!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.