Favorite Apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
what is your favorite app, and what does it do best for you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5 GHz 15" MacBook Pro
i like using terminal to make my computer speak, it really annoyed my girlfriend until she got a macbook this christmas, and so now she just replies. i also love remote control for my touch, i can control mine as well as my g/f's itunes, and annoy her that way. she loves me for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Photoshop, Illustrator and iPhoto are all great :D.

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
quicksilver...quick and easy way to start applications and so much more....

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
D-boy can you make a sticky for this cuz there are so thousands of apps out there and many people use different ones so this will give new and old users alike a way to see what other may enjoy using on a daily basis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
iWork'09 ~ Numbers version 2, Keeps my Budget, Bank account balances , Diary, Travel record, Birthday lists and Backup Address book. Plus anything else I throw at it. Love the update..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
quicksilver...quick and easy way to start applications and so much more....

mac os has the same function already built in.. it's called spotlight> cmd+space

having said that, spotlight is my favourite app/feature of mac os x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
guess i'll check it out in more detail then :) i love spotlight, best way to run and find anything :) .. at least so far;)

what does quicksilver have that's really worth it?

Edit:
Ok, I just checked it out and i gotta give it to you, it is better :) even though i like how spotlight looks better lol
anyway the quick file moving and text append really got me :)

im actually a bit ashamed now, been using mac for a while :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case
Photoshop CS3, iMovie 09, Dashboard (hee hee)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Aluminium MacBook
VMware Fusion - Allows me to run windows server development environments with great ease.

Photoshop/Illustrator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
1. Quicksilver - I use it so much I almost think of it as a part of OS X whenever I work on anyone else's Mac I am always hitting control + space trying to bring it up and realizing it's not there

2. Skitch - I have been using it since t was only a private, invitation only beta. I use it all the time and love it! Simplifies screen shots so much and provides a simple photo upload option.

3. Photoshop CS3 - I do image editing, it is amazing

4. Office 2008 - I'm a college student, couldn't live without it, the notebook view with audio notes is a life saver

5. Adium - A great chat application

6. Firefox - The only browser I really like.

7. InsomniaX - While it is not fuly functional on Leopard it still does what i need, and is very useful to me.

8. GrowlTunes - Amazing plugin for iTunes

9. iMovie '06 - I love editing video, and this is a simple solution

10. Missing Sync for Windows Mobile - Easily syncs my phone couldn't live without it

11. LogMeIn - Great remote desktop app, also allows me to control my laptop from my phone, I often connect to my computer through LogMeIn on my phone and use my phone's keyboard to type.

12. Parallels - I am an Information Assurance student, so I need to do a lot of hacking, most apps and methods for hacking require windows and various forms of Linux which I can run virtually (integrates great with spaces 4 different OSs running at once all on different spaces :) the power of a MBP gotta love it)

13. Nocturne - This is great when you work with your laptop in the dark. I use it very often in class to take notes during a lecture when the lights are off, a laptop screen can often be blinding in a dark room. Nocturne uses the light sensors to make the screen monochrome and gives it a red tint making it much dimmer yet still very visible. It is also very customizable. It is made by the same people that make Quicksilver.

These are just my favorite apps, I could go on forever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.