Quickbooks 2009 PO's....

Reaction score
Just switched form QB 2006 to QB Mac 09...

1: Turned on PO's.... Entering data there is no job pull down box, thus the ship to is not correct, and when I get the bill it is not being allocated to the job. BTW>>> New Bills do not have job info from PO's created in QB2006.

2: I want the default date for the po & ship date to be today's date.

3: Is there a downloadable Users Guide. I have been all over QB's site looking for one.

OP
S
Reaction score
I was wrong in saying that the customer info was shown from old PO's, it is not. I just got off the phone with cust. support and they tell me that ship to is not supported.

Next problem is that when creating new invoice, the estimate is not ported into the invoice. I cannot believe that that these basic functions are not available in QB2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the point of using this program???????

OP
S
Reaction score
Nobody here uses QB2009?

If you do and you have not had this problem or if you have a pull down for ship to please let me know, as this is driving me crazy and I don't seem to be getting anywhere w/the folks in india

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum - 24" Display - 4GB RAM
I'm glad I stumbled on this....I was an avid user of QB Simple Start which satisfied my needs, but on this recent transition from PC to Mac, I come to learn I need to get QB 2009. I was just about to order this product but thought I'd scan thru these to see if there was any new updates.

Question...By PO are you referring to Purchase Order and is this different than an invoice?

My needs are invoices, tracking sales and purchases and generating some basic reports. What are your thoughts on this...will this program be able to handle this? I have a growing side photography business and have no employees or time tracking needs....just the basic stuff I mentioned.

Thanks in Advance
Frank Lauri

OP
S
Reaction score
I'm glad I stumbled on this....I was an avid user of QB Simple Start which satisfied my needs, but on this recent transition from PC to Mac, I come to learn I need to get QB 2009. I was just about to order this product but thought I'd scan thru these to see if there was any new updates.

Question...By PO are you referring to Purchase Order and is this different than an invoice?

My needs are invoices, tracking sales and purchases and generating some basic reports. What are your thoughts on this...will this program be able to handle this? I have a growing side photography business and have no employees or time tracking needs....just the basic stuff I mentioned.

Thanks in Advance
Frank Lauri

Frank it is waayy too early in my mac experience to give you an answer tainted by my current frustrations with those people.

That said; I have used QB PRO for PC's for better than 6 years. The program has been great, not perfect but worked very, very well for me (small specialty Contractor). BUT, If you work with an accountant; check with them and see if they support a particular product. It will make year end so much easier.

And yes PO=Purchase Order though it feels more like...

Reaction score
There is an User Guide.

I do use QB 2009 but no PO, although I tried but it was not easy.

There is a PDF User Guide but is too big to attach.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.