• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

a funny Apple goof-up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 prev. gen MB with a 350hd. 1 20inch previous iMac. Both run SL jailbroken 1st gen ipod touc. &3g i
OK so on monday i called apple about my wireless aluminum keyboard not working, they said they would replace it, this was at 3:30, the next morning when i woke up at 9 the keyboard was on my front step. i was suprised, although the box seemed big, i opened it and my heart sank when i saw WHITE! they had send me the wrong keyboard. so i called and they said put that keyboard and the dysfunctional one in the same box and send it back, the next morning there was another box,considerably smaller, it was the right on! so i sent the other 2 back,set it up with my macbook and ps3, then on friday they sent me yet another heyboard! so im thinking that they figured i sent back 2 bad keyboard, so they sent me another, maybe ill keep it, i think apple has nickel and dimed me enough ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Haha Nice! I wish Apple would maybe do that with my Aluminum MacBook :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Fancy sending me one of them? xD

Lucky you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Blue Hardshell Case
Haha lucky I love screw-ups that work in your favor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wet blanket alert: you should send it back. Do you really want to sell off your ethics and morals for a keyboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
How odd, the exact same thing happened to me. Except with iPods.

I had my iPod Classic sent in, and a few weeks later, I got a new one in the mail. The problem was it was an iPod Video. I sen that back and a few weeks later, I was sent a proper iPod Classic. A month later, I was sent a second iPod Classic. Rather than reaping the benefits, my mother thinks that we should leave it sit for the rest of existence until Apple contacts us a says the 200,000,000 already sold don't make up for their shipping error. I don't need it personally (I already got the r pre-announced iPod Classic and the iPod Touch I'm currently typing on (my thumbs ache)), so I recommended she use it. She said no, for some reason.

On that note, it may find it's way to Ebay in the near future. If you're interested, check the buy/sell/trade forum from time to time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Wet blanket alert: you should send it back. Do you really want to sell off your ethics and morals for a keyboard?

He's right.. Wait till a large sum of money, or a nice car comes along, you know something that's "worth" it. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
It's really a shame to see how little people value honesty today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Would you send back a car or large sum of cash?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
and either way, through $7.5 billion in profit, do you really thin they care about losing a couple keyboards and iPods?

They might even be doing this purposely as an apology to people the mis-ship to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You know, I've heard those words used before. I should probably look up what they mean...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
and either way, through $7.5 billion in profit, do you really thin they care about losing a couple keyboards and iPods?

They might even be doing this purposely as an apology to people the mis-ship to.

Just think of it as a consolation gift.

That's all just illogical justification to do something immoral. If Apple wanted to apologize or give it as a gift, they would have said so.

How about this, call Apple, tell them what happened. If they tell you to keep it (which they might) then keep it with a clear conscience. If they want you to send it back, than send it back. But tell them you will not return it again if another is sent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's a sad thing indeed that personal honor seems to be on the waning cycle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know if you realized it or not, but my statement was pure sarcasm. :Sleeping:

I don't know if you realized it or not, but mine wasn't. It really is sad that people jump at the chance to be dishonest for their own personal gain and then try justify their wrong doings by quoting sales numbers for Company X. No matter how you look at it, it's stealing, and it's wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
It's not worth the effort or possible shipping costs to send it across a continent for Apple to possibly throw it away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
My brother got sent about £100 worth of Airfix models a few years back and we called them up telling them what had happened - their answer was simply "oh dear! Well keep them we have enough here".
I'm not passing judgement on anyone here as I would probably end up keeping the keyboard but just though I'd share that companies do sometimes recognise an error and give the customer a present =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
companies do sometimes recognise an error and give the customer a present =]

Exactly. And if you call the company to inform them of your error and they tell you to keep the item, it's yours. Anything less is stealing.

Reaction score
I hardly see keeping an 80 keyboard, that probably cost them 20 to manufacture, selling your ethics and morals. I mean he's not pulling a Bernie Madoff. And a consolation gift is not an illogical justification, it makes perfect sense; albeit it may not be the moral answer. You could always donate the keyboard acting as a Robin Hood, stealing from the rich and giving to the needy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.