• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

a funny Apple goof-up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Ahh, but you're failing to realize that there are also degrees. Let's use your example Khris. You steal a piece of bread because your family is starving. Is that on the same level of stealing as when you go into a store and steal electronics just because you don't want to pay for them? Sure, they're both wrong, but certainly they're not on the same level. This proves that there is an ethical gray area when it comes to right and wrong, and the legal system acknowledges such a gray area as it will punish the electronics looter more harshly than it would the bread stealer.

The fact that you don't realize this doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, it simply means that you're too myopic to see it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
You're completely missing the point. Right and Wrong does not have a gray area. The "right and wrong aspects" that you refer to are based solely on opinion and regardless of the opinion, Right and Wrong are completely opposite.

Stealing is wrong....no matter how you justify. If you steal food to give to someone who's starving, the act of stealing is still wrong regardless of the good intentions or end result.

It's not stealing to not give back something that was given to you. Even your initial interpretation of the situation is wrong, and U.S. law regarding this issue acknowledges the difference. But by all means, continue pretending to have some kind of moral superiority here.

Reaction score
Each person has their own ethics, so Khris' right and wrong is probably very different to other people's.

However, if you think it is okay to keep something which came your way by error, then your ethics are a bit messed up...
Just my two cents ;)

P.S. I am certain if you called Apple and reported it they wouldn't be bothered to pay for the shipping for it to be returned and tell you to keep it - but that's not the point, it's their property and their call to make.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
It's not stealing to not give back something that was given to you.

How do you know it was given to you? How do you know it wasn't sent in error? You don't.

But by all means, continue pretending to have some kind of moral superiority here.

What an ignorant comment......but not surprising considering the mentality of society today. Just reinforces my point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
How do you know it was given to you? How do you know it wasn't sent in error? You don't.

Because the folks at Apple went out of their way to mail the package to him Mailing the package to him makes it his property under U.S. law. Whether a small mistake in the content was made is on Apple's collective head, not his. He shouldn't have to go out of his way to fix someone else's mistake. Sure, it'd be nice, but he's in no way required to do so. If I accidentally give you a signed check for $50 thinking it was for $20, I can't later force you to come up with the extra $30 I handed over. Not to mention it wouldn't be theft; it would be my own fault.

What an ignorant comment......but not surprising considering the mentality of society today. Just reinforces my point.

The point that you won't stop harassing this guy until you convince him that you're better than him and "society today" because there's a chance he didn't take responsibility for someone else's mistake? I suppose it does, but it's not something I would gloat about. As for your short-sighted condescension toward me and society, I'll have you know that I have in the past returned to a post office days later just to return a pen I borrowed and forgot to give back. I'm not saying there's no merit to calling Apple, just that there is demerit to forcing your flawed view on this guy, who is doing something perfectly legal, and acting like you're some kind of moral authority.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Because the folks at Apple went out of their way to mail the package to him Mailing the package to him makes it his property under U.S. law.

So shipping errors are automatically null and void and become the property of the person receiving them. You can't honestly say that with a straight face and expect people to believe you!

As for your short-sighted condescension toward me and society, I'll have you know that I have in the past returned to a post office days later just to return a pen I borrowed and forgot to give back.

Would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on?

I'm not saying there's no merit to calling Apple, just that there is demerit to forcing your flawed view on this guy, who is doing something perfectly legal, and acting like you're some kind of moral authority.

If you want to draw the conclusion that I'm a "moral authority" based upon my comments, I can't stop you......even though you're wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
So shipping errors are automatically null and void and become the property of the person receiving them. You can't honestly say that with a straight face and expect people to believe you!

No, but receiving an item because of an error is nowhere close to being the same as if he walked into an Apple store, took a keyboard, and walked out. The first is a mistake, the second is a volitional act. Sure, either way the company is out of a keyboard, but the circumstances are different and thus it would be incredibly naive to place both types of incidents under a single blanket rule of being wrong.

There are degrees of right and wrong. I suggest you educate yourself on the matter.

BTW, how old are you? If you're a teenager, then at least I can understand why you hold such a view as it would be a physiological limitation on your part.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, but receiving an item because of an error is nowhere close to being the same as if he walked into an Apple store, took a keyboard, and walked out. The first is a mistake, the second is a volitional act. Sure, either way the company is out of a keyboard, but the circumstances are different and thus it would be incredibly naive to place both types of incidents under a single blanket rule of being wrong.

But when you boil it down the end result is the same, you have an item which doesn't belong to you.

There are degrees of right and wrong. I suggest you educate yourself on the matter.

And there are many opinions on what right and wrong is, and how people react based upon those opinions. I suggest you educate yourself on the matter rather than turning your arrogant nose up and speaking down to people because their views don't fall within your own "myopic" landscape.

BTW, how old are you? If you're a teenager, then at least I can understand why you hold such a view as it would be a physiological limitation on your part.

Could you be anymore condescending and insulting?

I'd have to peg you at being someone younger as well since you've clearly demonstrated your knee-jerk reactions, and insult lashing manners. I haven't insulted you at all (until now), yet you've taken ample opportunities to throw them at me.

Reaction score
OK so on monday i called apple about my wireless aluminum keyboard not working, they said they would replace it, this was at 3:30, the next morning when i woke up at 9 the keyboard was on my front step. i was suprised, although the box seemed big, i opened it and my heart sank when i saw WHITE! they had send me the wrong keyboard. so i called and they said put that keyboard and the dysfunctional one in the same box and send it back, the next morning there was another box,considerably smaller, it was the right on! so i sent the other 2 back,set it up with my macbook and ps3, then on friday they sent me yet another heyboard! so im thinking that they figured i sent back 2 bad keyboard, so they sent me another, maybe ill keep it, i think apple has nickel and dimed me enough ;D

With all questionable morality and ethical practices set aside, did you just say that you can sync the aluminum wireless keyboard with your PS3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With all questionable morality and ethical practices set aside, did you just say that you can sync the aluminum wireless keyboard with your PS3?

The Apple wireless keyboard is Bluetooth so it stands to reason that it might work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I don't, but U.S. law does say that with a straight face. That's my only point here. A company is legally unable to make you return a package they sent you even if it was sent in error, because it would be their mistake, not the person stealing from the company. If he had intentionally manipulated the situation to get Apple to make the mistake, you might have had a point in calling him a thief, but you don't in the current situation.

Would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on?

No, just for you to stop acting like disagreeing with you is equivalent to not having standards. This comment coming from you is hilarious given the rest of your narcissistic posts in this thread, by the way.

If you want to draw the conclusion that I'm a "moral authority" based upon my comments, I can't stop you......even though you're wrong.

No, I draw the conclusion that you think you are, else you wouldn't be harassing people to force your morals on them.

Yes, but apparently there's some trickery involving the order in which you turn on your PS3 and keyboard that has to be taken into account. There's a full discussion at Apple - Support - Discussions - Bluetooth keyboard with PS3 ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.