How do I graphically browse files on a Linux box

Reaction score
I want to be able to graphically browse files on my Linux desktop from my MacBook Pro running OS X (10.5.6)...what's the easiest way to do this?

By way of example, in Linux I can use Konqueror to do this by using the 'fish' protocol (essentially SSH) and enter an address like 'fish://otherboxname:/directory/' and graphically see all the files on 'otherboxame' and then also drag and drop files to and from that machine.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I'm hoping to be able to do something similar from the MacBook to other Linux boxes.

Can this be done? If so, how?

Thanks.

Reaction score
If you are asking what I think you are asking, click on a blank part of the screen, click on "Go", "Home". There are four little icons to the left of center - click on the one furtherest to the right and the files are displayed graphically.

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, but how do I connect to and browse the files on the Linux machine over the LAN? I don't think Finder can do this unless it's a directory that's been explicitly shared out, correct?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.