Sharing Firewire Drive over Network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Ok, so I dug out an old iMac the other day (G3 slot loader) running 10.1.5 and thought about connecting it to my network with the intention of sharing a Firewire drive.

Being so used to Leopard, I'm not sure of the correct settings to select in 10.1.5 to allow me to do this...

Can I even do this?

I note that when I look for the iMac on the network it isn't showing up. It's connected via LAN and sucesfully connects to the net. I have checked all the boxes with regards to sharing in the Sys Prefs but nothing - i can see my wife's Windows Laptop without a hitch!

Any help would be great. Many thanks.

**Update** Ok, so I have connected to the iMac and can mount the Firewire drive but the Finder window is empty. It states that there is 107GB remaining but won't show me the files that make up the remaining 125GB... what am I doing wrong? I have checked and the files show up as normal when opening the drive on the iMac itself... This shouldn't be this hard should it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.