Disable pop ups?

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to macs and have been having wireless issues, now have another.

I just wet to buy some clothes from River Island.

I got to the payment section and it didn't open up any window for me to put my card details in, but i tried it on my old laptop and it worked straight away so i know there is nothing wrong with the site.

It opens up a new window for the card details, so would this be a popup? I think I have blocked popups, and dont know how to disable them so i can use my mac to buy the stuff rather than old laptop.

I need to know because I will be using it to buy stuff in the future!

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou,

Vicki

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I am assuming you're using Safari.

Click on Safari on the Menu Bar and uncheck Block Pop-Up Windows.

Normally, Safari will allow popups that you have clicked on, but not always. I'd only disable it when you need to and then turn it back on.

Don't get me wrong here, we enjoy helping out. But, a whole lot of things like this can be found by spending just a few seconds taking a quick look at the menus of the program you're in. Oftentimes much faster than waiting for a response on any forum.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thankyou for the response.

I guess I should have checked myself, point taken sorry I just wasn't near my mac! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.