deleting a program..

Reaction score
Hey!

I downloaded a program I want to delete, but everytime I try to delete it or eject it or whatever it tells me its in use but can be ejected. I cant see where it would still be running, ive shut down all programs and it still says the same thing. Any way to force delete or anything?

Help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Fire up Activity Monitor (located in Applications --> Utilities) and see if the application is still running. If so, terminate the application from within Activity Monitor and then try deleting it again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
I've had this problem. I've found if you restart the machine you can then delete the app.

Reaction score
You are probably referring to trying to delete the .dmg file that the app came in. In the left panel of a Finder window, click on the eject icon for the mounted "disk image" (dmg) that the app came in. Then you should be able to delete the .dmg file (probably in your downloads).

OP
J
Reaction score
Fire up Activity Monitor (located in Applications --> Utilities) and see if the application is still running. If so, terminate the application from within Activity Monitor and then try deleting it again.

I've had this problem. I've found if you restart the machine you can then delete the app.

You are probably referring to trying to delete the .dmg file that the app came in. In the left panel of a Finder window, click on the eject icon for the mounted "disk image" (dmg) that the app came in. Then you should be able to delete the .dmg file (probably in your downloads).

Ive done all of this, and none of it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
What program is it?
Sounds like it runs when you start the machine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.