Slight Concern

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3G | 13 Inch 2.4 GHZ new MacBook
I was wondering if this is a problem or its just me but with this new macbook I purchased I have had a problem with leaving it unactively when i'm downloading something at a moderate pace, but when I return it is at o kb/s. Once i shift the trackpad it seems like it literally wakes up from the "sleep" mode and starts downloading again, its a real **** off because i dont really like having to be active during a 3 hour download period, any help?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Sleep. Set the timer for an amount that won't interfere with your downloading or set it to never. You can always put the machine to sleep by closing the lid.

Regards.

OP
The Apple Guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3G | 13 Inch 2.4 GHZ new MacBook
System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Sleep. Set the timer for an amount that won't interfere with your downloading or set it to never. You can always put the machine to sleep by closing the lid.

Regards.

I appreciate that , thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.